Porcelain Veneers or Porcelain Laminates
A Porcelain Veneers is a thin shell of porcelain that is bonded onto the front surface of a tooth so to improve its cosmetic appearance.
A porcelain veneer can be an ideal way to make a cosmetic change for a tooth. Compared to dental bonding, porcelain veneers usually look more life like and they have the added benefit of resisting staining well. As a disadvantage, porcelain veneers are typically fairly expensive and if used in the wrong application can be prone to breaking. Unlike dental bonding, if a porcelain veneer has broken typically the whole veneer must be replaced. It usually cannot be patched or repaired.
If you've ever wondered why so many individuals have such perfect smiles, you might be surprised to find out how many of them have had cosmetic dental work done.
One way that we can make your smile more attractive is to place porcelain veneers or jacket crowns. Porcelain veneers are translucent, thin laminates made to improve the esthetics (shape, spacing, color) of natural teeth, to correct crowding, or to replace composite bonding.
If you already have crowns on your front teeth, replacement with all porcelain jacket crowns may give you a more natural, attractive appearance. Or think about cosmetic repositioning as an alternative to orthodontics with the placement of porcelain veneers.
For more major cosmetic concerns, which may include teeth that are too short, crooked or too much space between teeth, porcelain veneers are the perfect solution. In fact, porcelain veneers are often referred to as "Instant Orthodontics".
Porcelain veneers, also known as porcelain laminates, are thin shells of porcelain applied to the front of the teeth to hide imperfections. At the Advanced Dental Care centre, our master ceramists create the dental “masterpieces.”
Veneers can also be made of composite resin reinforced with quartz and are called direct veneers. Veneers are most commonly used on the upper front teeth, but can also be used on the lower and back teeth. Veneers are usually placed on the teeth in sets - this allows for a more even-looking smile. Individual teeth can be veneered; it just may be more difficult to match the natural color of the teeth. A sample of a veneer is given below.
Porcelain veneers can change your smile in three weeks instead of braces which need to be in place for approximately 2 years. Braces also do not address problems having to do with size, shape and color of the teeth. Over time many adults wear their teeth down. Veneers allow Dr. Anshu to restore the shape and size of teeth to their normal dimensions.
Since porcelain veneers cover the front surface of the teeth, picking a new shape and a whiter color is a definite option. A brighter healthy smile can also create a more youthful appearance.
Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
Candidates for porcelain veneers should have strong, healthy teeth. People who fit this description and have the following imperfections may want to consider veneers:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Chipped or worn teeth
Benefits of Veneers
- Typically veneers are difficult to stain and durable
- Corrects the alignment of teeth "instant braces"
- Brightens your smile and improve self-esteem
- Has translucence and texture similar natural enamel
- Closes gaps between teeth
- Lengthens and reshape teeth
- Repairs chipped, broken, worn down or misshapen teeth
- Covers tretracycline stains and other discolorations such as fluorosis, prescence of large resin fillings
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
- Color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter
- Does not require extensive shaping that crowns do and is a stronger, more aesthetic alternative to bonding
Types of Veneers
Our clinics uses IPS Empress II System and IPS Empress Esthetics from Ivoclar Vivadent for veneers. The opalescent IPS Empress II and Esthetic veneer layering materials imitates natural teeth.
The gums may have some minor tenderness for a couple days after the procedure. Some individuals may experience sensitivity in teeth. This sensitivity will disappear gradually over a few days to weeks.Postcare Instructions for Dental Veneers:
- Avoid chewing on or eating hard foods on the restorations for 24 hours from the time they were cemented.
- To help with discomfort or swelling rinse your mouth 3xd with warm salt water. (1tsp. of salt in 8oz of water).
- Keep crown area clean to maintain tissue compatibility (the contour of the prosthesis must allow the surrounding tissue to conform to a natural, healthy position)
- Some sensitivity in teeth may be experienced by certain patients. This sensitivity will disappear gradually over a few days to weeks. If teeth are sensitive
- Avoid hot, cold or acidic food and beverages
- Pain medication be taken as directed as long as there is no medical contradiction based upon your medical history
- Use flouride rinse and toothpaste for sensivity teeth
- Clean teeth properly
Care for Dental Veneers
Dental veneers require the same regular and consistent home and professional dental care as your natural teeth.
- Brush after eating and before bedtime around the crown with a soft toothbrush, especially where the veneer meets the gum line.
- Floss at least once to twice a day. Use the proxy brush or floss threader to remove plaque under and around these areas to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Rinse with fluoride rinse before bed. Swish the fluoride rinse vigorously in your mouth for at least one minute. Do not swallow any of the rinse and do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes
- Be careful about chewing toffees, gum, grainy rolls and tough food in this area
- See your dentist for regular professional check-ups and cleanings
Cost of Porcelain Veneers
The cost of porcelain veneers varies depending on how many veneers are applied to the teeth. Please contact us for a consultation and an estimate.
Gummy smiles are a very common problem, caused by overgrowth of the gum tissue that covers the teeth.
This unsightly occurrence can be caused by a variety of things, including heredity, health conditions and even the use of many common high blood pressure medications.
A gummy smile will dominate the mouth, making the teeth seem almost secondary in appearance.
Healthy and even gum lines are essential to any beautiful smile. Attractive gums complement and frame your teeth, making your smile look healthier and more attractive.
We use a laser to change the look and shape of the gums. The laser actually vaporizes unnecessary and unsightly tissue with unmatched accuracy and effectiveness. What is left in the place of the overgrown gums is a healthy-looking, well-proportioned smile.
The process takes only a few minutes for most, and there is usually very little discomfort. Gum contouring can give you the consistent, even gumline you need for a healthy and attractive smile.
All Porcelain Crowns can provide the same sort of major cosmetic changes that porcelain veneers can make. However, unlike porcelain veneers that only cover over the front sides of teeth, All Porcelain Crowns cup over and encase the entire aspect of a tooth which lies above the gum line.
In comparison to porcelain veneers, All Porcelain Crowns are stronger and more durable but because making one involves trimming away a significant amount of tooth structure they usually aren't the best choice for making a cosmetic change for a tooth, unless the tooth also requires the non-cosmetic benefits the crown can provide. Like porcelain veneers, there is typically a fair amount of cost involved when All Porcelain Crowns are made.<< Back to Dental Procedures
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org