Low Cost Thyroidectomy Surgery in India
Plan your Thyroidectomy Surgery in India with Indian Healthguru Consultants
Thyroidectomy is a surgical removal of all or part of the thyroid gland. It is advised when one of the following conditions namely Cancer, Non-cancerous enlargement of nodule, Hyperthyroidism, Cosmetic reason, is found in a person. Indian Healthguru is a medical value provider helping overseas patients get thyroidectomy surgery with the best thyroid surgeons in India at the best hospitals for thyroid surgery in India.
How things function at Indian Healthguru Group:
- Basic facilities: Indian Healthguru helps in arrangement of medical visa, to and fro airport service, accommodation, meals, appointment with surgeon, lab tests etc.
- Qualified panel: Indian Healthguru has network of the best surgeons and hospitals, providing supreme healthcare in India.
- Affordable: The expenses incurred in the entire travel for the thyroidectomy surgery are nearly 30% of that in most Western countries.
- Professionalism: We maintain highest ethics in providing the treatments and the procedures are followed with transparency.
- Other services: Our group also takes care of facilities like providing health meals as prescribed by your doctor, planning vacation in India, rejuvenation, rehab facilities.
International Patient Experience
Thyroidectomy is a surgery that involves the removal of all or part of the thyroid gland. Thyroid is an H-shaped gland located in the neck and produces several hormones such as thyroxine, triidothyronine , calcitonin, etc that regulates metabolism and other important functions of the human body. Thyroidectomy is advised when one of the following conditions is found in a person;
- Non-cancerous enlargement or nodule
- Cosmetic reason
Who is the Candidates for Thyroidectomy Surgery?
Thyroidectomy may be recommended for any of the following:
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) after failure of medications
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) with enlargement of the gland
- Cancer of the thyroid
- Noncancerous thyroid nodules that cause breathing or swallowing problems
Best Hospitals for Thyroidectomy Surgery in India
The best hospitals for thyroidectomy surgery in India have advanced technology and best thyroid surgeons in India offering high quality medical services and care at affordable costs. Our association with the hospitals in India are located at Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Noida, Gurgaon and Kerala.
What are Preparation for Thyroidectomy Surgery?
Prior to any surgery, your doctor will give you a complete medical examination and evaluate your overall health and your health history. You may be required to get additional tests such as X-rays and lab tests. Your doctor will also review with you the potential risks and benefits of the operation and will ask you to sign a consent form. It is important that you ask questions and be sure you understand the reason for the surgery as well as the risks. It is important that you inform your doctor if you have allergies to any medications, what medications you are taking, and if you have bleeding problems. It is also important to inform your doctor if you are pregnant. Your doctor will also give you specific instructions on how to prepare for surgery, including guidelines on eating and drinking, smoking, taking or avoiding certain vitamins and medications. Carefully following these instructions will help your surgery go more smoothly.
How Thyroidectomy Surgery Procedure done?
Before a thyroidectomy is performed, a variety of tests and studies are usually required to determine the nature of the thyroid disease. These include Blood test (to determine the levels of active thyroid hormone), Sonograms and computed tomography scans (to determine the size of the thyroid gland and location of abnormalities), A thyroid nuclear medicine scan (to assesses the function of the gland), A needle biopsy may also be done. In most cases, the surgery takes a maximum of two hours.
Partial Thyroidectomy takes somewhere around 45 minutes to an hour and Total Thyroidectomy may take an hour and a half or two hours.
Surgery may be inpatient or outpatient, depends on the condition of the patient. It is performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia. Thyroidectomy is performed either by a general surgeon or an otolaryngologist. The surgeon makes an incision in the front of the neck and ensures that the parathyroid glands and the recurrent laryngeal nerves are not injured. The blood supply to the portion of the thyroid gland that is to be removed is clamped off. Then all or part of the gland is removed. A drain which is a soft plastic tube that drains fluid out of the area may be placed before the incision is closed. The incision is closed either with sutures or metal clips. A dressing is placed over the incision and the drain, if one is used.
What are Types of Thyroidectomy Surgery?
- Hemithyroidectomy - A hemithyroidectomy is the removal of one of the lobes of the thyroid gland. Hyperthyroidism is a nodule in the thyroid gland that may produce excessive thyroid hormone.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy - This procedure performed to remove a lobe, the isthmus, or a part of the other lobe of the thyroid gland.
- Partial Thyroidectomy – Removal of gland in front of trachea after mobilisation.
- Near Total Thyroidectomy - This operation involves removal of all or nearly all of the thyroid gland. It may be done for benign thyroid conditions that affect both thyroid lobes, such as large goiter or Graves' disease, or cancer.
- Total Thyroidectomy - The entire gland is removed. It is performed in case of follicular carcinoma of thyroid.
- Hartley Dunhill Surgery - Hartley Dunhill surgery is a removal of one entire lateral lobe with isthmus and partial or subtotal removal of opposite lateral lobe.
- Clean the wound with hydrogen peroxide using a cotton swab twice each day
- Apply antibiotic ointment (bacitracin or polysporin) to the wound
- If you have a bulb type drain, empty the drain bulb twice each day and record the output
- The skin around the incision will be numb for several months after surgery
- Three weeks after surgery, you may begin to massage the wound using a vitamin E or aloe containing lotion or oil. This will soften the scar over time
- The sutures or the metal clips are removed three to seven days after the operation. Once the sutures are out, you may wash the wound with mild soap and water and gently dry the area
- Symptoms of hypoparathyroidism, which include tingling and spasms of the extremities
- Redness or swelling around the incision
- Warm incision
- Drainage from the incision
- Is Thyroidectomy Surgery in India of world class standards?
- To be honest, Thyroidectomy Surgery in India is actually better than in most of the countries providing the treatment. The skilled surgeons, low costs and latest medical infrastructure make India a primary choice for the treatment.
- Does low cost thyroidectomy surgery in India treat thyroid related issues?
- Thyroidectomy surgey in India treats almost all kinds of thyroid-related problems. The low expenses incurred are just additional perks, tat do not compromise with the high quality of treatment provided.
- How will Indian Healthguru make the arrangements for Thyroidectomy Surgery in India?
- Indian Healthguru Consultants has association with the best surgeons and hospitals in India with treatment facilities for almost all kinds of medical problems. The group helps overseas patients by choosing the best treatment facility for the Thyroidectomy Surgery in India.
- Is Thyroidectomy Surgery in India successful and safe?
- Thyroidectomy Surgery in India is extremely safe and the success rate is maximum. The surgeries are performed by expert panel with extensive training and experience.
- What will you do with my reports?
- Your medical reports will be sent to the top specialists for perusal of your condition and to select an appropriate treatment for you.
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Recovery time After Thyroidectomy Surgery?
Once the surgery is complete, nurse will monitor your recovery in a post-operative or recovery unit. You will be educated on how to change your dressings and properly care for your incision. You should inspect the incision daily and report any redness or other signs of infection to your physician. If the entire gland is removed, you will be required to take thyroid supplements for life. Most patients are discharged from the hospital one to four days after the procedure. Most resume their normal activities two weeks after the operation. Patients who have cancer may require subsequent treatment by an oncologist or an endocrinologist.
How to do Follow-Up Care Post Thyroidectomy Surgery?
What are Benefits of Thyroidectomy Surgery?
Surgery is excellent therapy for hyperthyroidism with hardly any complications or recurrences. It is a great relieve for those not able to conceive and renders childbearing possible. Thyroidectomy also helps in avoiding long-term side-effects of antithyroid medications. Advanced technology and modern methods of treatment have decreased risks greatly and improved results of thyroidectomy. The new minimally invasive video-assisted thyroidectomy has several advantages over the current standard treatment which include smaller incisions that allows patient to heal faster. This helps patient to return to their normal lives sooner.
What are Side- effects of Thyroidectomy Surgery?
Why consider India for Thyroidectomy Surgery?
Indian hospitals use most advanced and modern techniques and methods for Thyroidectomy surgery. There are many highly skilled consultant surgeons who use the most up to date, specialized techniques. These surgeons successfully discharge each case they handle safely and comfortably. Most of the hospitals in India have state-of-the-art facility and high class infrastructure that provide all the resources for critical surgeries like Thyroidectomy surgery. Indian hospitals offer these services in a comfortable setting where the staff is friendly and compassionate. The surgeons in India deal very efficiently with all the doubts and fears that a patient may have.
Cities in India that offer Thyroidectomy surgery at one of the best hospitals are as follows;
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
Email : email@example.com
What is the Cost of Thyroidectomy Surgery in India?
Indian facilitates a plethora of services to the medical tourists that includes, a hassle free and discounted travel option. India offers a significantly lower cost for hernia repair and treatment. Surgery rates in U.S and UK are most of the times very expensive and beyond one’s budget, for such people low cost Thyroidectomy surgery can be quite a relief. In India, Thyroidectomy surgery is available for a fraction of the cost of that in the developed countries.
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
|Click icon to Download Document|
|About India||Destinations in India|
|Indian Embassy List||Medical Tourism FAQ|
|Visa For India|