Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in India
Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in India at Advanced Healthcare Facilities - Video
Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in India is available at advanced healthcare facilities in metro cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and New Delhi at a reasonable price. International standards for medical practitioners in India ensure that both doctors and nurses are working to global requirements and demonstrate the highest-level of quality care for laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in India. The years of experience and specialized knowledge of the Indian surgeons in the medical field provide the highest quality of referral and coordination services for laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in India. The primary purpose of the Indian hospitals is to provide a professional package of skilled specialists and dedicated nursing and administration staff, along with high grade equipment and pharmaceutical products to every patient.
A hernia occurs when the inside layers of the abdominal muscle have weakened, resulting in a bulge or tear. In the same way that an inner tube pushes through a damaged tire, the inner lining of the abdomen pushes through the weakened area of the abdominal wall to form a small balloon-like sac. This can allow a loop of intestine or abdominal tissue to push into the sac. The hernia can cause severe pain and other potentially serious problems that could require emergency surgery.
Causes of hernia
- Heavy lifting,
- Persistent coughing,
- Straining during a bowel movement or urination,
- Chronic lung disease, and
- Fluid in the abdominal cavity.
Symptoms of hernia
- The common areas where hernias occur are in the groin, belly button and the site of a previous operation.
- It is usually easy to recognize a hernia. You may notice a bulge under the skin. You may feel pain when you lift heavy objects, cough and strain during urination or bowel movements, or during prolonged standing or sitting.
- The pain may be sharp and immediate or a dull ache that gets worse toward the end of the day.
- Severe, continuous pain, redness, and tenderness are signs that the hernia may be entrapped or strangulated.
In this video once the anesthesia has taken effect, the area around the hernia is cleaned thoroughly with an antiseptic solution to prevent postoperative infection.
Instead of one long incision, in laparoscopic hernia surgery four or five tiny incisions are made in the area around the hernia. The surgeon makes an incision near the location of the hernia. For an inguinal hernia, the incision is made just above the crease where the abdomen meets the thigh. To repair an umbilical hernia, it is made close to the navel. If the hernia has occurred at the site of a previous operation, the incision from that surgery is reopened. The incisions in laparoscopic hernia surgery will extend through the skin, subcutaneous fat, and allow the surgeon to get to the level of the defect. A laparoscope connected to a special camera is inserted through a cannula, a small hollow tube, allowing the surgeon to view the hernia and surrounding tissue on a video screen. The hernia sac is carefully opened and the intestine or other tissue is placed back inside the abdomen. The weakened area is repaired and reinforced with a synthetic mesh or a suture that pulls the abdominal muscle tissue back together. In case of a hole in the abdomen a small piece of surgical mesh is placed over the hernia defect and held in place with small surgical staples. After the laparoscopic hernia surgery ends the incisions are closed with surgical sutures.
Recovery post laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in India
- The person needs to get adequate rest till the effects of anesthesia have entirely worn off.
- While the effects of the anesthesia are wearing off, the patient may require pain killers to help the laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in India recovery process.
- The person should not drive themselves home, and should wait for someone who can drive them home once he feels he is ready to go home.
- The stitches usually take 7-10 days to dissolve, and so adequate care must be taken to ensure that the stitches don't open up.
- For at least a month after the surgery, the individual must refrain from lifting any heavy weights or heavy objects.
- For at least 2 weeks after the operation, the patient's diet should include plenty of vegetables, fruits and high fiber foods, in order to avoid constipation.
- For a few days after the surgery, the individual must sit at an incline, as sitting straight up will put pressure on the stitches.
laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in India not only saves the patient a lot of money but also gives them access to the professional approach of the medical team combined with a good prospect for recuperation. laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in India is done with highest level of professional service and quality personal care using the most advanced and modern applications in medical skills and technology available. Indian Healthguru Group is committed to assist the patients to take a better decision when planning a medical trip & at the same time to guide the patients through the whole process.
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
Email : email@example.com
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
|Click icon to Download Document|
|About India||Destinations in India|
|Indian Embassy List||Medical Tourism FAQ|
|Visa For India|