Dental Implant Surgery in India
The effects of missing teeth can be detrimental to your long term oral and medical health. Replacing missing teeth can dramatically improve your smile and the shape of your face. Dental implants caused a revolutionary change in teeth replacement. They behave exactly like natural roots – even bonding naturally with the jawbone. You can smile, eat, speak, and behave completely normally. Implants are a well-established, tried-and-tested treatment. Over 95 per cent of modern implants should last for many years with the right care. A dental implant is a titanium metal rod which is placed into the jawbone. It is used to support one or more false teeth. In practice, both the false teeth and their supporting rod are known as ‘implants’. Today, more and more people are choosing dental implants as an alternative.
Implants are available in a complete range of dimensions, diameters, lengths etc. Dental Implant has no restriction of the age. It is an ultimate discovery in the field of modern surgery.
What is Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a metal device designed to replace missing teeth. These implants are made from titanium, a material that is well tolerated by bone and integrates easily with bone tissue. Dental implants are natural-looking replacements for missing teeth that also provide the same function as your natural tooth root. Dental implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason. Dental Implants are considered the ultimate solution for tooth replacement; they are the first choice to replace the missing teeth.
Dental Implant can;
- Replace one or more teeth without affecting bordering teeth.
- Support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture.
- Provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
Who is a good candidate for Dental Implant Surgery in India?
If you're interested in replacing your missing teeth, or a single missing tooth, dental implants may be an option for you. Dental implant candidates need to have certain characteristics in order to get fitted with dental implants. The ideal candidate for a dental implant is in good general and oral health. A good candidate should be in:
- Good health
- Healthy gums
- Non Smokers
- Enough bone to anchor the implants in the jaw
- Daily brushing and flossing are essential.
- Regular visits to the dentist for follow-up.
Who is not a good candidate for Dental Implant Surgery?
Surgically-placed dental implants are now the most popular choice for tooth replacement. But Dental Implant Surgery is not suitable for eveyone. Following are some of the candidates who are not suitable for dental implant surgery;
- Young kids who do not have fully developed jawbones
- Anyone suffered from bone loss because of periodontal disease
- Heavy smokers
- Drug or alcohol takers
- People with chronic diseases like diabetes, hemophilia, or other immune system deficiencies
- Those who have had radiation therapy in their mouth
What are the various Types of Dental Implants?
Over the past 20 years, Dental Implants have undergone remarkable changes. Dental implants vary in several aspects, such as shape, place of anchorage (within the bone or on top of the bone), composition, coatings, etc.There are three types of dental implants available;
- Plate Form Implant: When the bone is narrow, plate form implants are used. A narrow metal plate is inserted into the jawbone. Your dental surgeon will make a series of incisions in the gums before inserting the implants. The number of incisions made will depend on the number of implants. The implants are inserted and the incisions are closed with tiny stitches. This form of implant is also called as Cylindrical or Screw Type
- Root Form Implant: When you lose a tooth in an area that has a wide, deep bone, choose root form implant is the best choice. The most common and the most popular form of dental implants in implant dentistry is the root implant designed for the typical jaw structure. Root Form Implant are also known as Endosteal Implants. In this form of implant, a titanium screw is fixed into the jaw bone, and a crown is attached to the abutment. These implants are said to be very strong and durable in nature.
- Subperiosteal Implant: Sometimes there is not enough bone to use either of these implants. In this case, the dentist will use subperiosteal implants. In this particular case, a periodontist will utilize metal in order to keep the implant in place. These dental implants are usually positioned on top of the teeth bone and rooted in the gums, but it cannot be rooted in the jawbone like with the other forms of dental implants. The dentists apply a local anesthesia, and prepare a mold of the jawbone and mouth. From this impression, the dental lab constructs the implants in order to custom fit the person’s jaw.
All the types of dental implants are complex and difficult to perform and hence, it is always better to approach a skilled and experienced dental surgeon for this purpose.The cost of these various implants will depend on the severity of the surgery that will be required.
What are the various Types of Dental Implant Materials used?
Dental implants are constructed from a range of materials. The various materials used for dental implants are as under.
- Alloys of titanium/ aluminium/ vanadium
- Cobalt,/ chromium/ molibidnum
- Aluminium oxide
- Silicon rubber
- PMMA( polymetyhl methacrylate)
Zirconium implants are one of the newest forms of implants and are promoted for their aesthetic qualities, biocompatibility and mechanical structure. Today’s dental implants are less likely to be pure titanium since the discovery that a titanium alloy works just as well as pure titanium.
Some specialists like to use zirconium which is also known as Zircon (a ceramic material) as well to create dental implants and restorative components (abutments etc.).
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Is It Painful To Have New Dental Implants?
Dental implant surgery is performed under local anesthesia hence there is less or no pain during the procedure. But there can be pain after the effect of anesthesia wears off. Some people may experience more pain while some may experience less pain after the procedure. Usually there is not much pain or discomfort associated with this procedure. There are rare occasions where the people may feel discomfort for a few days. Swelling and infection are rarely possible.
What is the Procedure for Dental Implant Surgery?
There are several steps involved in getting dental implants. After you have been determined to be a good candidate for implants you will have a procedure to place metal anchors into the jawbone A dental implant procedure, which is one of the popular wings of cosmetic dentistry, involves the implantation of titanium fixtures into the jawbone, at the site of the missing teeth. This crucial procedure is usually done in 2 stages:
- The first stage is the dental implant surgery, where the titanium implants (also called ‘posts’) are placed in the jaw bone.
- The second stage is the implant restoration. In this, accurate measurement is taken and a crown is built on top of the dental implant.
Both procedures are very common, and not too complicated. The duration of the whole dental implant procedure varies from patient to patient and depends, among other things, on the patient's physical condition and anatomy. Dental implant success is related to operator skill, quality and quantity of the bone available at the site, and the patient's oral hygiene.
After your Dental Implant Surgery, the surgeon will give you instructions on Oral Hygiene, prescription for pain medication and antibiotics and follow-up appointment to check on the healing process.
What are the Success Rates of Dental Implant Surgery in India?
Dental implant surgery in India is among the most successful procedures in dentistry. There is no guarantee that an implant procedure will be successful, but studies have shown a five-year success rate of 95 percent for lower jaw implants and 90 percent for upper jaw implants.
What are the Advantages of Dental Implant Surgery in India?
There are a myriad of advantages that a patient derives from choosing to have dental implant surgery in India. Below is a list of some of the many advantages associated with dental implants:
- High success rates of over 90 percent
- Brings your old smile back
- Improve appearance
- Improve Comfort
- Better speaking ability
- Improve once’s Self Esteem
- Better confidence levels
- Easy to manage
- Great value for your money and time
- Improved ability to chew/bite different types of food items
- Your other teeth are not affected at all
- Permanent solutions to tooth loss
- They are stable i.e lifelong tooth replacement
- Prevent bone loss
- Do not require adjacent teeth to be prepared
- No danger of new teeth moving or slipping out like a denture or bridge as it is firmly anchored in your bone
- Prevent the shrinkage and further loss of jaw bone as they are implantedinto the jaw bone and act like normal tooth
- You don't have to mess around with adhesives or ugly clasps and clips to keep your new teeth in place
What are the Disadvantages of Dental Implant Surgery?
Dental implant surgery has a very high success rate if you consult a professional implantologist and follow instructions carefully. But like any minor or major surgery, dental implant surgery may pose some health risks. Problems are rare and when they do occur, they are usually minor and can easily be treated. Some risks include:
- Dental Implant site infection
- The steps of implantation are quit painful
- Injury or damage to the surrounding structures like your other teeth, blood vessels or the nasal cavity
- The procedure is not quick and simple and requires numerious visits to dentist before your smile is back on track
- It is technique sensitive, hence the skill of the practitioner is important
What are the Post Surgery Precautions?
It is important to follow the directions during the first 2 weeks after the operation to insure adequate healing. Some of the important precautions to follow after your dental implant surgery are as follows;
- Do not rinse your mouth vigorously during the first 24 hours after the operation.
- Use ice packs over the surgical area for 20 minutes at a time, during the first 2 days after the operation.
- Maintain a liquid diet for the first 5 days after the operation.
- Do not smoke or consume alcoholic beverages during the first week.
- Use an elevates head rest or an extra pillow for the first 2 nights after the operation.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with a salt water rinse or prescribed mouth rinse after every meal.
- Do not use prosthesis until it has been relined.
- Follow the directions carefully for any prescribed medications.
- If you have any questions or any problems related to the healing of your operation, do contact your surgeon.
Recovery after Dental Implant Surgery:
Dental implant recovery depends on a number of factors, including the various procedures required to complete your treatment. Healing from the surgical procedure to place the dental implant(s) takes up to six months, while the fitting and seating of the crown(s) can take up to two months. Again, this timeframe depends on individual cases and treatments.
The major success of the implant depends on how your jawbone grows around your implants(osseointegration). The vast majority of patients are extremely happy with their dental implants and experience a significant improvement in their quality of life. To achieve long-term success with your dental implants, proper brushing, flushing, rinsing and routine dental check-ups are essential. Your surgeon will discuss your follow-up care in more detail after your dental implant procedure.
What are the various Alternatives to Dental Implant Surgery?
Implants are often used to replace missing teeth. However, dental implants are not for everyone. Other methods and choices are available for patients who do not find implants as the optimal plan of treatment.
There are a few other options which are as follows;
- partial dentures
- full dentures
- delaying treatment
- Partial Dentures: When only a few teeth are missing, a partial denture is advised for the patient. Partial dentures, or as dentists affectionately describe them, "flippers," are less expensive than dental implants and an effective way to solve dental problems caused by loss of teeth. Partial dentures are completely removable. Depending on the type, they are made of metal and pink plastic or acrylic. Partial dentures should be checked every six months or so, as even small problems with teeth can develop into major issues if they go on for too long.
- Bridges: A bridge, also known as a fixed partial denture, is a dental restoration used to replace a missing tooth by joining permanently to adjacent teeth or dental implants. There are several types of bridges, but, unlike an implant, they all use the neighboring teeth as anchors. The materials used for the bridges include gold, porcelain fused to metal, or in the correct situation porcelain alone. Whether you are looking for a temporary or permanent tooth loss solution, dental bridges offer many benefits can be placed to improve the appearance and function of your teeth.
- Full Dentures: Dentures are looked upon in Dentistry as replacement teeth. Patients receive complete or full dentures when they have all their teeth removed. For patients who have gone without teeth for a while, full dentures can make a dramatic difference in the way they look. These dentures will fill out the mouth area, relieving that caved-in appearance. Full dentures can also improve your speaking ability and make it easier to chew. There are different types of full dentures to consider for your dental problems.
- Delaying Treatment: Delaying a decision is always an alternative, although it's often not the best one. But you may decide to wait while you consider your options.
Dental Implant Surgery in India:
Having your dental implant surgery in India could be one of the best choices for your dental treatment in the world. In Dental Tourism India, dental implant surgery is one of the most common procedures done to visiting foreign patients.
The dental clinics here in India are more affordable than any other western European countries, such as the UK or Ireland. Investing in a dental package tour will provide you with all the comforts and health options you need to get the most satisfying and safest dental implant procedure.
Medical tourism offers Dental Implant surgery in India at an affordable price. Millions come every year to get treated and then enjoy their recuperative holidays across India.
Dental Implant surgery in India is available at an affordable price at various dental clinics in cities like
Mr. Donald James from UK shares his experience of Dental implant Surgery done in India
Mr. Donald James from UK
Cost of Dental Implant Surgery in India:
Implantation is always an expensive procedure that involves a variety of treatments and associated costs. The cost of dental implants depends on many factors, including the type of implantation, the dentist performing the procedure, the location where it is performed and the material used. India offers low cost dental impalnt surgery that to without compromising the quality of the procedure or treatment. Due to low currency exchange rate many international patients prefer India as the best medical tourist destination amd along with the dental implant surgery they get special tourist packages to visit different tourist places like Goa and Kerala at low cost.
The following table shows the cost comparision of Dental Implant Surgery in India and other countries;
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
|Click icon to Download Document|
|About India||Destinations in India|
|Indian Embassy List||Medical Tourism FAQ|
|Visa For India|